Friday, February 24, 2006

Dwarfing all Others

The 3rd model that I sculpted was Gimli. I had a lot of fun being very meticulous about all of the fine engravings and details all over his leather and armor.

My only problem was that for a long time, I had difficulties getting the boots right and that the armature inside the sculpy clay was loose. This meant that I spent a LOT of time on the boots. If they weren't breaking because of the model wiggling on the base, I was re-sculpting them because the details were not close enough to the film version.

The boots in this early photo are not the final ones, and in fact, his feet on this early version were too small in proportion to the body. See the coming post of the finished model for the final boots.

Gimli was the first model I took all of the way to finish and will have ready to sell. He stands 10" inches tall to his head (12"inches overall due to his raised axe not seen in these images).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home