Friday, February 24, 2006

Aragorn (Not Done, Yet!)

As I mentioned in the earlier post (below), I have actually been sculpting and working on Aragorn for the longest of all of the models. This one has been plagued with problems since I began it right after finishing Gimli.

The first sword that I carved out of the resin snapped on me and I could not successfully glue it back together straight enough to work. So... I had to re-sculpt it.

I went through nearly 6 head sculpts on this model (at the start of the project) and had trouble capturing a like-ness that I was satisfied with. Although I finally got it and am happy.

I got nearly all the way finished with the body sculpt and realized that somewhere at the very beginning, I had gotten my proportions off and he came out with small legs and large head/torso and he looked ridiculous standing next to Boromir and the others. So... I salvaged his upper torso and head (by breaking them off of the model), and re-sculpted him all the way back to re-doing the armature. Once I had a new properly proportioned armature, I re-connected the upper torso to it and added the new clay to start his legs and jacket again.

So... Here I am with Aragorn still not completely finished, but heading in the right direction (finally). The image below shows that his tunic, jacket and arms are not yet finished, but should give you an idea of what his pose is like. Stay tuned for details about his progress and the completed model.

I plan to get back to completing him after I run up a few more molds of the others. I have had some of them finished and sitting around for nearly a year and a half, and would just like to see them finished before something happens to them!

Aragorn stands at 12" inches tall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home