Thursday, September 14, 2006

The Re-making of Aragorn (Step 4)

Once again, thank you for tuning in to my continuing model series "The Re-making of Aragorn". In this step, I begin working up the basic body details in layers starting with clothing edges and the boot details.

My technique is an additive method where I take the basic body (from step 3) and start layering the clothing edges from the lowest to the highest. I take small rolls of clay and flatten them and lay them in place. I then smooth the non-edge side into the body and work it till smooth. Next, I take my sculpting tooth-picks and finish the edges .

I buildup the leather folds in the boots in the exact same manner.
















After I
get the basic shape of the folds, I go in and work all of the boot details; including the ties and stitching.

Here, I have completed the basic tunic (vest), pants, and boots. Notice that I still have the hint of the arms which helped me construct the shoulders properly. These will now be removed because I must mold them in separate pieces.







Arms removed with a carving knife.










I then start working out the small details on the tunic (the belt, pouches, and the laces).









And then I add the front layers of the travel coat.










That's it
for this post... check back for my next installment where I go for the finished body!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home