Friday, February 24, 2006

Gimli Painted and Ready!

Alright! It is truly a wonderful feeling, that after putting so much love and work into something, it turns out better than you were expecting!

You can see from the images the unpainted model, with the arms glued on, and the axe kept separate during the painting to make getting the brush in and around his arms a little easier. I sanded and stained the wood base myself.

And then, the completed kit looking very cool and awesome. And, did I forget to mention... I have a mold and can make more than one of them? As of this post, I have 2 Gimli(s). I am keeping one (of course) and will be posting a bid on eBay (hopefully as early as this weekend) for the other one. See the final VR spin (at the top of the page) for a complete look at this custom model and keep a lookout on this blog when I list the first one up for bid.

(More to come)...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home