Friday, February 24, 2006

Legolas From the Mold

And I had just about enough money left on my project budget to mold the Legolas parts.

Since the models are screw mounted down to the rough wood bases that I sculpted them on, the feet come all the way through to the top of the mold (remember that the models are poured upside down). That gives me two giant pour holes to send the resin down into the mold. I, of course, prepared this mold like I did the Gimli mold (2 posts down) by adding chase tubes to get air out of trouble spots. See the "stick" or tail that forms on the Legolas body (3rd image) to ensure that resin flows up into the ends of his tunic. These extra bits and the flash (mold seams), are removed and sanded to clean the part up before painting.

Notice again that I created 2 Legolas's (like the Gimli) so that I would have one for me and one to sell. My finished and painted Gimli makes an appearance in the last image.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home