Friday, February 24, 2006

Legolas (Almost Ready)!

Ooooh! So close, but still not done! As I mentioned earlier, I realized once I started gluing the parts of Legolas together, that I had completely mis-sculpted the angle of the bow-hand and ruined the mold. The part fit at an odd angle and the string and arrow just didn't look right. I am not sure why that happened, as I was very careful as I worked. But, nevertheless, it happened.

So... I glued and painted all that I could, then using the glued Legolas as a reference, I resculpted the bow-hand. As it happens (and to my good fortune), the casting resin weapons (in this case the bow) comes back out of the mold rubber in one piece because it is hard and sturdy. So, all I had to do was remove the ruined clay hand and clean the bow, then re-sculpt the hand only to match the completed model.

To date, I have finished the re-sculpt and have re-molded and re-cast the parts. I need only apply the paint and glue, string the bows, then mount the models on the stained and finished bases. I'll post completed photos and bid listings in a later post.

Till then, here's the model thus far... Notice my mini-production in the last image. Both my Gimli(s) and Legolas(s). Or is it Legolai?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home